BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Sunday, May 01, 2016

Year from hell!

This past year has been rough to say the least!


It all started when my mom ended up in the hospital May 2015.  She had a headache, she never gets headaches...then she felt dizzy and disoriented, she forgot what the date was.  So I called 911 and made she was treated for it, they ended up putting her in the hospital for a week.  They ran so many tests but couldn't find the cause.

While she was in the hospital I found a hole in my roof the size of a softball..okay, bigger than a softball.  A squirrel had eat it's way into my attic from the outside and had babies in my attic! The noise was insane! I thought we had rats so I put a trap up there.  The day my mom was due to come home from the hospital the trap caught something...a baby squirrel...damn it.  A baby squirrel had been caught in the trap, it's leg was broken.  Gods I felt horrible! 

Thankfully I knew what to do, I caught the baby, freed it's hind leg from the trap and took it in.  It needed serious care for the broken leg that was through the skin.  I took care of it, for a long time, over a year now actually.  Her leg ended up falling off, but she's doing good and is about to be released.

You see, I take care of and rehabilitate wildlife that's been abandoned or injured, and I get no money for it, no help either. I do it because of the animals, because I love them. I've taught Bug so much about how to take care of wildlife.  Between her and I we've successfully rehabilitated and released several birds, and now we're going to be releasing the squirrel.

Things went to hell faster than I had ever thought they could.

We took in a foster dog that someone on the police force said needed to be taken care of, so I did, I took it in.  Not even three days later it killed my Tempest! ( I gave the dog to animal control to be euthanized) She was laying there in the kitchen in a pool of her own blood, her skull was crushed, right eye was hanging out of her skull.  It killed me to see her like that.  My baby girl, my Tempest, the cat that I've had since she was a 3 week old kitten...dead. Her cremation was about $150....gods I miss her so much.

Not long after that I took Logan into the vet because I found a lump that was odd feeling, and even odder smelling.  It wasn't like the other lumps I'd found on him, this one was different, it felt like a large tapioca pearl in jello under the skin. Not a solid lump, but it was there. I had it tested and it came back positive for mast cell cancer., in his tail at the base of the spine. How the hell can this be happening?  The ultra sound of his internal organs is expensive, the treatment is tail amputation.  TAIL AMPUTATION!  My poor Logan!  I don't know how I'm going to afford this!  We're looking at at least $5,000 for everything. We don't have this kind of money! 

It's been so rough lately, trying to afford all that's happened.  I found a kitten that healed my heart, he's not a replacement for Tempest, rather he's a new part of my heart.  The poor kitten jumped off the kitty condo and broke his leg! He broke it in 2 places!  Now he needs surgery to put pins into the bones to try to fix it.  I could have gone with amputating his leg, but he's just a baby, how could I do that!   We're looking at another $5,000 if not more to cover all of this! 

I've sold some of my things, but it's not enough to cover all of these vet bills.  I've tried going to charities but they couldn't help.  I can't do this anymore.  I can't let cancer take Bug's dog! If she loses Logan it will devastate her!

I've been shuffling the bills around to try to pay for everything, I'm not sure how much tighter I can make things.  I wish there was a way for someone to help us get through this.  Strider has been trying so hard to keep me together emotionally, he know that all of this has put a serious damper on our lives.  The military keeps him away a lot of the time, which means my daughter and I go through this alone.  No one to hold us when we cry, save for me holding her.  I hold her just about every night as she cries, Logan is our ESA (Emotional Support Animal), he also helps my daughter with her Aspergers, he makes it not so hard for her.

Rue is my ESA, he's healed my heart after I lost Tempest. Seeing him in so much pain kills me.

What am I going to do?

< /RANT >

0 comments: