BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Sunday, November 19, 2006

Clingy Bug

They say that as they get older babies develop their own personality as well as choose a favorite parent..I didn't think it would happen this early. Bug just turned 13 months about a week ago, for the past six or so months she only wants me to hold her. When Strider holds her when I try to pass her over to him so I can get a few minute break she flips out. When she gets hurt she comes crying to me. The worst thing she's been doing is hitting me. When I catch her opening something she shouldn't be opening I smack or flick her hand...Could that be causing her to hit me? I dunno.

Then there's the food time...when it's time to eat she will not feed herself. If I set the food on her tray for her to feed herself she'll throw it everywhere. I end up having to feed her. It's as though she wants to be waited on or something.

Then there's the hitting herself, the tantrums, although they're both short lived they still worry me a bit. I've read that it's normal for babies her age to hit themselves and bite themselves when frustrated. She only does it when she's frustrated, tired or just plain grumpy. I usually end up having to fight with her to get her to take a nap, and sometimes it's a fight to get her to go to bed at night. Though some nights are infinitely easier then others...like the nights that she passes out while drinking her nightly bottle of warm milk.

Ah well, I guess this is all par the course.

3 comments:

BlackWidow31 said...

The hitting you back thing is normal. Both of the boys went through that. What was funny when they got in trouble and I would just pop them on their backside. No more than a few minutes later they would try and do it to me.

The same goes with the hitting themselves. Sometimes Devin would hit Ethan or vice versa, whenever they were upset or fustriated.

Raven said...

I know it's normal, but I still worry. Especially with Strider's brother being autistic, and his mother being manic-depressive.

BlackWidow31 said...

That is nothing like Autism. Devin has a mild form of Autism, plus I have seen alot of Autisic children in Devin's classes and that's not how they react. Most Autisic children are withdrawn and/or overactive. Besides Autism can't be genetically passed on from family members. I had a Nero doctor tell me it's like playing the lotto. Only 1 in 50 children develop it and it's normally find in premature births. I did alot of research on the subject.