BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Tuesday, March 27, 2012

A little dirt never hurt anyone

Another day of working on clearing the area between the house and the neighbors fence.  I got about 3 more feet done while waiting for Strider to get the wheelbarrow from moms house. That makes 8 feet in total done, with it being 6 inches deep with pine needles and vines that's not bad for a total of 2 1/2 hours of working on it. My right knee is still hurting and that damned burning feeling in my left thigh is bugging me again...but I need to get this done otherwise it'll bug the crap out of me. We still need to get the new wood down around the front gardens, then it will be done except for getting the grass looking like grass again instead of weed central.

By the end of the day, meaning by the time I had to go pick Bug up at school, the entire area between the house and the fence cleared out.  Sure it was hard work, but it was fun, I enjoyed getting dirty and working outside.  Tomorrow Strider and I will work on the wood around the gardens when I get back from the doctor's.  Getting my knee and leg checked out.

I think the yard's looking pretty good so far, the gardens and such are going to be full of flowers soon.  Bug and I planted a whole bunch of wild flowers and sunflowers. As soon as I can I plan on raking up all the pine needles in the back yard as well as the front yard, maybe once we get that in check we can start getting the lawn looking better...I hope.

If it's clear again tonight I'll take another shot of the moon, I love how last nights shot came out blue, it was breathtaking. I was able to get some great shots of the Komodo Dragon at the Aquarium on Saturday, through the glass at just the right angle and there was no glare at all, not even a single reflection of anyone standing around the glass window. Sometimes I impress myself with the photos I take.

I'm not sure why, but I seem to take better photos of nature and animals then I do people. Even if the animal is moving the photo seems to come out better.  Maybe I'm just not as comfortable with people as I am with nature and animals.

< /RANT >

0 comments: