BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Lost Silk...it's sad...

I was rather disappointed when I saw that BJ's wasn't carrying Silk vanilla Soymilk anymore, so I asked at the member services desk, the response I got was "It's code 2, means we're not going to get it anymore, we're discontinuing selling it"  Umm...okay....but why?

So today I called BJ's corporate office and asked them the same question, they tried to offer me a substitute for twice the cost, yeah, not gonna happen.  After I got off the phone with BJ's I called Silk and talked them about it, I was told that all BJ's had to do was have their buyers call Silk and order the soymilk and it would be sent to them.

That seems easy enough, right? Well, it seems that to BJ's it's not that easy...come one people, seriously, do you have any idea how many people prefer the Silk brand over any other brand?  We buy it because Bug's allergic to milk protein, and yes, I've tried other brands, she didn't like the taste or texture of any of the other brands, but she loved Silk.

Aside from the milk protein allergy that Bug has, the other reason why we get the Silk from BJ's is due to the price. At Walmart, Food Lion, Kroger's and Farm Fresh it's about $4.99 for a half gallon.  At the commissary it's not much better.  BJ's had the double half gallon ( 1 gal total) pack for $4.99! And now they don't carry it anymore and I have 2 $1 off coupons!

Here's the message I sent to BJ's :

Please get Silk Soymilk Vanilla (2 half gallon pack) back in stock at the BJ's near me. Any substitute won't work, my daughter prefers Silk over all the other brands. My daughter cannot drink regular milk due to an allergy to milk protein, so the soymilk is very important.

http://silksoymilk.com/

After speaking to both a lady at your customer service as well as a lady at Silk, all that needs to be done is your buyers need to contact Silk and they'll be glad to supply your stores with the Silk Soymilk Vanilla. If the problem is with your distribution centers then your buyers need to express the customer need for the product.

Thank you in advance for your time and understanding, I hope to see Silk Vanilla Soymilk back in stock at the Chesapeake VA location soon.

Please let me know via email if and when it will be restocked, I would truly appreciate it.


I sent a similar message to Silk asking if there was a way for them to get in contact with the buyers from BJ's to get the Silk vanilla Soymilk back in stock.

It wasn't long ago that I was fighting with the school Bug's in to get the Silk soymilk in stock for breakfasts. Let me tell you, that was a long drawn out situation.

< /RANT >

0 comments: