BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Wednesday, September 13, 2006

The finishing of furniture

I started finishing the dining room chairs today. I got one done, I know, not all that big of a deal, but to me it is. In the midst of finishing the chair I played with Bug, did the laundry and tried to keep the animals from getting thier fur in the stain.

Here's what the chair looked like before I finished it.



















And here's the finished chair.



















I really like how you can see the grain of the wood after the staining. It just looks so good. You can't really see it in the picture, but it looks great.

One down, five more chairs to go. I need to get out to the home store and pick up some more rags and spray acrylic for the waterfroof coating. Once I'm done with the chairs I'll be refinishing the dining room table. Gonna have to pick up new table legs though, the ones that are on their are not just nasty, they're also plastic. My mom gave me the table, she had gotten it after she got married to my ex-father. The wood itself seems to be in good condition on the table top, but I won't know for certain until I strip all the years of varnish and polish off it. I'm hoping it turns out good like the coffee table that I refinished a year and a half ago.

0 comments: