BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Rough week

Well, as my earlier post said, last week started the bad week. Last Monday we find out that Bug need surgery on her eyes, then way early Wednesday morning Strider left to do work in another state. That afternoon Bug fell and slammed her forehead into the sidewalk out back...I called the EMT's just to be safe. They said she seemed fine but to get her evaluated within a few days, so on Thursday I called to get her an appointment with her pediatrician...no luck, instead we get a different doctor, no big deal really. When I go to check her in at the pediatric clinic they tell me that her appointment is at the Specialty Clinic, so I go over there to check her in. That's when I find out that the appointment was with a pediatric neurologist...talk about luck. Anyway, she got checked out completely, the doc even had her walk up and down the hall, felt her forehead where she had hit the concrete and everything in between. I was told that Bug is perfectly fine, that put my mind at ease big time.

Now for a little back tracking, on Thursday night Bug puked, just once. Most likely from something she ate, but still, it's never an easy thing to see puke coming out of your kid.

This weekend went okay, a little too slow for my taste really.

Monday night I took my mom and Bug to Ruby Tuesday's at Victory Crossing for dinner. When we sat down at the table there were maybe 3 to 4 other tables with patrons. We placed our orders and then got our salads. We waited for between 30 - 40 minutes for our dinners. With it being so quiet in the restaurant one would expect the meals to arrive promptly, not to have to wait 30 minutes or longer. At that point I requested to speak to a manager, who in turn treated me like my comments did not matter, he seemed to be almost angry with me for bringing the matter to his attention. He walked away, didn't say a word, and did not come back to our table to let us know what was going on, instead it was our waitress who told us that the manager had comped our meals. That's not the point, sure, it was nice of him to do so, but I would have preferred an apology, which I never got from the manager. I'm sorry to say that that will be the last time I will go to Ruby Tuesday for dinner. I was seriously disappointed in the time it took to get our meals, which we ended up having to have packed up to go.

After we got home from the restaurant, I put in Happy Feet for Bug, man did she enjoy it! It was a riot to watch her rock out to all the singing and dancing. She loved it so much.

And that leads us to today. Bug woke up happy, had a big breakfast. Man did she get into everything today, I swear, I don't have a kid, I have a monkey. We had to run out to the store this evening so she ended up not getting a second nap, which caused her to become rather cranky and not willing to listen. Tonight we actually got all the way through Happy Feet before she fell asleep. She's now all happily asleep in her bed which gives me the chance to get all her toys cleaned up off the livingroom floor. I'm just waiting for Strider to call, then after that I can go get some rest too. I'm wondering why it's taking him so long to call me tonight...maybe I should call him.

Ah well, time for me to get the picking up of the Bug toys.

0 comments: