BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Wednesday, January 16, 2013

The security of our children


How safe is your child in school? I can say that I'm not so sure Bug's school is safe anymore..I had my doubts to begin with as far as the bullying and such, but today was the icing on the proverbial cake.

A kid in her class got up, grabbed his coat and backpack, told the teacher he had to go to the bathroom and left the school.  Yup, he actually left the school.  When I was pulling up I saw him running down the sidewalk.  It took the school several minutes to respond and they never called the police.  They apparently called the parents, but they should have called the police as soon as they noticed he was gone.

I'm not sure how Strider will feel about this, I need to talk to him about it.  But I'm thinking even more seriously about home schooling Bug from now on. This has me more then worried.

I spoke to the PTA head and told her that it's her responsibility to let all the parents in the school know what happened after she gets all the details.  I'm not even sure if she will considering she has yet to do anything about the bullying, she hasn't even approached the parents or even held a meeting yet.

This school seriously needs help before something even more horrible and irreversible happens.

I plan on finding out more information on what happened.

< /RANT >


0 comments: