BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Thursday, January 17, 2013

Update on runaway 1st grader


Here's an update on the boy that walked out of the school yesterday.

According to Mrs Whitley, the principal of James Hurst Elementary School, no child left the school yesterday without permission.

Mrs Whitley also went off on a friend for inquiring about what happened yesterday.  She had no right to become belligerent with her, my friend was asking as a concerned parent, which is her right. Granted, talking to Whitley about it wasn't part of her job description as president of the PTA, but as a parent of students in that school it's her right to know!

Can someone explain to me why I saw the child, who is only 6 years old, running down the sidewalk at 2:57 pm? According to the child's mother he walked into the door of the house as she was leaving to pick him up.

By the time I was in the cafeteria for about 5 minutes Mrs Whinbrough, the vice principal, was going into the boys bathroom asking if any boys were in there, then she came out into the cafeteria and asked several of us parents if we had seen a little first grader boy.  I knew who she was talking about, he was wearing a dark plaid shirt, blue jeans, was carrying his dark blue/black jacket and his book bag.

I want to know why the police weren't called and why the school wasn't locked down until he was found.

It seems to me that this whole thing is being swept under the carpet, which is wrong, completely wrong.

Can they really get away with this?

Yet another reason I seriously dislike the school Bug's in. I don't feel as though she's safe there.  Strider doesn't agree though, he said that Bug won't leave the school so there's nothing to worry about.  How can he really see it that way? Maybe I'm just too protective over my child.

< /RANT >

0 comments: