BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Wednesday, May 22, 2013

It's gonna be a long year....

Father's day, his birthday, my birthday, Bug's birthday, 1st day of second grade, Thanksgiving, Christmas, our 16th anniversary, New Years Eve, Mother's Day....that's what my love will be missing as far as dates go...everything else is priceless, tooth loss, day trips, 1st camping trip for Bug, apple/peach picking...so much will be missed...we miss him so much...

For those of you that have your loved ones at home with you, hold them close and remember that men and women like my husband are out there making sure that you CAN be with your loved ones tonight while myself and other spouses like me go to bed alone in a cold bed, wake up alone in the middle of the night, are deprived of their touch, their smile, their scent, sex...and our children are deprived of their parents, like Bug's without her daddy...

We sacrifice a lot everyday.

You don't know our names, you see our faces but not our tears. My heart breaks when Bug asks me "When is daddy coming home?" All I can tell her is next April..which is the truth.

Strider said that he may not even be able to come home on leave at all while's out there.  And now he tells me that the 2 years IA out there not longer counts as 2 years sea time! When did the change that and why?  Even the Chief's I've spoken to since he left have all said it still counts as 2-3 years sea time, so either they're out of the look, misinformed or someone's lying through their teeth to Strider. It all comes down to what it says on his orders...he's not over there IA...he's been PCS'd there...which means it's only 1 year of sea time, so he'll owe 3.

I wish he could have been there today for Bug's speech therapy session today so he could have heard it right form the therapist that she has weak lips instead of from me.  I know that sounds odd, but there are times when I wish he was here to hear what the doctors have to say.

So, Bug needs to do lip exercises three times a day, and she'll be having therapy 2-3 days a week for a few months to see if it helps.  I really hope it does.  I do plan on talking to her doctor, once she's assigned a new one, about the problem and see if we need to see a neurologist about it. I just want to know what could have caused the weakness in her lips.  Was it something that could have been avoided had the hospital treated me correctly when I went in with a fever of 103+? Was it one of the 103+ degree fever's she's had over the past few years? Could the weakness in her lips and the issue with her eyes be related? There are so many frightening causes for this sort of thing that I really want a good solid answer from a neurologist...we need piece of mind.


It's going to be a long year...


< /RANT >

0 comments: