BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Saturday, July 06, 2013

Sunset and a broken rule

Today was an okay day, despite my mom being a total bitch Bug and I had fun.

Bug spotted a "rocket" over the trees, once I drove a bit further I could see that it was in-fact a dirigible, and since Bug never saw one before, I drove even more and followed it just to get a photo of it for her!  It made me think that we should go on a hot air balloon ride when Strider gets home. The dirigible was for Budwiser, but still, she got to see one!


Before dinner I decided to try mowing the lawn, yes in this heat, no I'm not crazy, just a little bent in the head.  lol  Anyway, while I was mowing the lawn I saw 2 praying mantis jump onto the side of the shed, stopping the lawn mower I did the best thing I could think of...I moved them out of harms way, finished that part of the lawn then put them back where I found them.  I think the little guys might be the offspring of the one that was in our yard last summer.  The one from last year flew into my car when it was so tiny, when I got home I put her in the yard and I guess she never left, so now her young are in my yard too!  I just love how nature is!



Bug and I raced to see the sunset this evening, we drove all the way to the top of the parking deck at NMCP just to see it and take some photos.  Here's the beautiful sunset we saw!



After we got a few great photos of the sunset we went over to the water front to get a panoramic of the Norfolk skyline...that's where the broken rule comes into play. lol  You see, I had no idea that you weren't allowed to take photos from the base even if it's of the Norfolk skyline.  The officer was really cool about it when he told me, so we got back into the car and left.   Here's the panoramic I got.



Overall Bug and I had a good day, can't wait to see what tomorrow holds for us!


< /RANT >


0 comments: