BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Monday, May 31, 2010

And let the drama begin...

This weekend has been wonderful. We spent Friday at home just hanging out, Saturday we went to the Aquarium and Sunday we went to the beach. Today we've been hanging around the house watching pirate movies, which Angie loves as much as we do.

We just finished dinner and are about to put in Cutthroat Island when Strider's mom calls...by the tone of his voice and what I can hear she's guilt tripping him because we rarely see her. Well, I'm sorry, we can't really afford the trips up there and we have invited her for holidays but she always bails on us. Ever since Strider's g-father died and his g-mother moved away his mom's been pretty strange. Oh the things I can tell you about her...but I digress.

So anyway, she guilt tripped him enough that now we have to find a weekend and drove up there for a day trip. It's a 4+ hour drive up there! Personally I think she has no right to guilt trip him what so ever. She lost custody of Strider and his brother when they were toddlers because of the living conditions and such. Strider had been shuffled from foster home to foster home, about 5 or so I think, and then all of a sudden she wants back in his life? This all started after he joined the Navy I think, the whole trying to get back into his life. I'm sorry, but she lost the right to guilt trip him a long time ago. Aside from that and the drinking, and the hording, and the losing her place to live due to the way she lived...she's not a bad person, a bit on the seriously messed up side psychologically but she's okay. It took her several years to even get us the presents and stuff for birthdays and x-mass for Bug. By the time we got the stuff it was all too small for Bug, I'm talking T sizes and infant toys.

When he was talking to her I could tell she struck a nerve or two by the way he talked. First he brought of the whole being sent up north thing then he basically crumpled. Which means she won. She griped about him not calling her....Strider never calls anyone! Why should she be any different? The only reason he calls me when he's away from home or when he's on his way home is because I'm his wife! So, now we need to find a weekend that we can go up there for a day trip. Not my idea of fun, like I really want to be on the road for 8+ hours?

So, now I have to paint on a smile and find a Saturday that we can drive up there.

0 comments: