BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Thursday, May 17, 2012

A bit sad today..


Usually I don't use the word 'hate'...but today I think I'll use it...I hate deployments!

Late Tuesday night Bug and I drove Strider to the airport on base to see him off. It wasn't a fun time for me, not even a little bit.  Having to let my love go isn't an easy thing for me. I love Strider so damned much that I really hate being apart from him, even if we do need the time apart every so often. The thing I really dislike is that when he gets home the day after Bug's b-day he'll be with us for eight months, then he'll leave us again in June of 2013. We have three deployments ahead of us before he retires...unless he makes Chief, then he'll stay for an extra three years after his twenty.

So far Bug's been handling it pretty well, despite Strider not being able to Skype us yet. The last word we got from him he was in Italy.

While he's gone I'm going to do a lot of things with Bug. I even offered to help Jay and her hubby with the work they want to do in their house. In exchange they'll be helping me with the patio, which I think is awesome.

Bug and I went to dinner last night with Jay and her family. The girls really enjoyed it, so did us adults, it was great to have time with them.

The only unnerving thing that's happened so far was the sound of breaking glass in the house. Bug and I went through the house and found nothing, it was a bit weird.

Sorry, there were two things that made me raise a brow. The other thing was that A asked me to take over the troop...as in fully take over and find a new assistant...umm...I don't know if I can do it...what if I screw up? I told A to wait a few weeks then see how she feels.  I also told her that I would only take the lead if she was my assistant. I know that sounds horrible to put that on her, but I don;t feel comfortable with anyone else in the aspect.  I have a meeting with A today over lunch so we'll see what happens.

I guess that's it for now...


< /RANT >

0 comments: